Thursday, January 03, 2008

Well I made it back from the 'Skee.

I would have written earlier but it has taken me awhile to recover from the trip. With two red eye flights on each side, and who knows how many beers in between, the trip took a lot out of me!

It was great to have the whole family together. It doesn't happen very often these days, especially not under good circumstances. Even though I saw everybody, it doesn't really feel like I had a chance to talk to anyone. You know how it is when you are in a big group. You can't really have a conversations with anyone because you are trying to pay attention to everyone there. I guess that's what happens when you try to cram a years worth of visits into a couple days!

Then there are the boys; the boys, the boys. The boys made it rough on me. I don't think I've drank that much since the last time I was in MKG. It's just funny how you can pick up right where you left off after you have known someone for 15 years. We def. had some good times. I wish we could get together more often, but everybody has got to do their own thing. Hopefully we will have more opportunities now that people are going to start finishing up with school.
Bi-Annual Man Trip anyone?

Overall I couldn't have asked for a much better trip home. I think I managed to see pretty much everyone I wanted to, and some people that I didn't. I even managed to meet a little someone for a New Year's kiss, a very nice surprise. Of course she lives on the other side of the country! And so the life of a wanderer goes.......

Now I have a week to recover and get back into my routine before school starts. It feels really great to be back here. Going home just reminds me that I made the right decisions and inspires me to work harder to succeed. I was on the bike for the first time in a week today and it felt pretty foreign. I'll have to ease back into it a little bit, but with a few more months of hard work my form should be pretty good when the race season starts in earnest.

I don't know how yet, but I feel like in honor of the new year, I have to shake things up a little bit. I think some good changes are going to be made pretty soon. Stay tuned.....


L.S..

P.S. sorry for the lack of pictures, I didn't take a single one while I was home. Loser

P.P.S. Brett it isn't weird..........

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey bud,

you know how much i miss you...i wish you could have spent a lot more time with you but i know how popuLAR len stew is and you had to spend time with everyone! it was still nice to have you back in muskegon and i will come out to oregon again as soon as i get a chance...that was one of the best times of my life...love you man...your bud craig michael hall!!! you know where to find me!

Anonymous said...

hey len,

i feel like i'm with love you or something since i'm writing again, but i'm really missing you already. it's just not the same without you here. i know you're doing well for yourself out west but it gets kind of lonely out here with just me and sorensen. anyway, love you man, and i will see you sooner than later!

Craig

Anonymous said...

wow well i dont know what else to say since craig just went ahead and said EVERYTHING. it was good havin u back brotha. hopefully craig and i can make a trip out there this year some time. shake and bake!
-sorensen

Anonymous said...

haha, i was obviously drunk when i wrote those lengthy paragraphs but i meant every damn word.

craig

Lenny said...

Man Love at its finest.......