I don't think I've ever actually been excited about getting back to the 'Skee before..
- Finished up my classes last week. I sort of decided not to take a test that I didn't think I needed. It was looking like i might not actually pass math, dun, dun, dun. But after some quality schmoozing and eyelash batting, I was able to make it out of there with a B. What can I say. So the term ended up pretty good. I can now add another A and B to the ever growing collection.
- It looks(fingers crossed) like I might be getting a new job pretty soon. I'm SUPER excited about it. It is with the Center for Appropriate Transportation. It is a non-profit org. that is mainly focused on community involvement in manufacturing, using, and advocating sustainable modes of transportation. They do all kinds of cool stuff. They build their own bikes, rent out shop space, run a GED program, and last but not least a bike messenger service. I would be starting out as a messenger but I'd have the opportunity to get involved with everything else as well. So I would pretty much be getting paid to train and learn how to work on my bike; not to mention awesome access to all kinds of quality used parts and sweet bikes. Plus, it would feel so good to actually do something that I cared about and could feel good about! I had an interview, phone interview, and a ride along so far. Hopefully I will hear back from them with a definite answer within the next couple of days.
- I started my training program in earnest to get ready for next season. It hasn't been exactly fun lately. It has been super cold, windy, and rainy here so I have been stuck inside alot. Riding on the trainer is actually a pretty good work out and you get more out of each hour you spend on it compared to the world, but it drives you pretty crazy. I've lost a little bit of fitness from the end of last season which is pretty hard for me to stomach. But apparently that's what your supposed to do so your body can re-energize and build up stronger. I've got 12.5 hours scheduled this week which is the most I've done in awhile.
I think it is about all I have for the moment.
L

1 comment:
looking forward to your muskegon return...i don't know if she's ready though. good luck on the job and i'll see you soon.
(ps...love the high life commercial)
- craigger
Post a Comment