I was on a blogging streak there for awhile. I guess that's what happens when you are sitting at home with nothing to do!
So the race last Sunday went ok.
Results
I ended up taking 21st in Cat 4/5. Not a bad outing. I could have done better. I just don't feel like people should be able to beat me. I stayed with the leaders through two of the three laps, but then got dropped on the climb on the second lap. I tried to get a little chase group together to get back on, but it wasn't happening. So I was in a second group about 4-5 minutes behind the leaders. I attacked up the climb with two other guys and we stayed away until the finish. Overall it was a tough day. According to my GPS it was 2.5 hours, 55.5 miles, 21.5 mph average, 44 mph max speed, 3870 calories burned, and 3000 ft vertical climbed. We're getting there.
One interesting side note. There was this guy named Aaron Olson at the race. He is a professional rider and rides for T-Mobile. Less than a month ago he was racing the Giro and I was in the same race as him! Insane!
In other bike news, The Tour officially started yesterday. I expect everyone up at 6:00 am to watch the stages live. Let's go Disco/CSC!
I started working at a Holiday Inn this week. I'm not super excited about it, but the Eugene job market was pretty tough actually. The hotel less then 10 minutes from my house on a bike. It should work out pretty well. We'll see what happens.
Otherwise not much is going on. Just exploring around town, finding good rides, meeting new people, doin what I do.
Talk to everyone soon,
Lenny
p.s. My boy tuck started up a blog of his own. Check it out. Tuck's Blog

3 comments:
Hi Lenny
So glad you're enjoying the next chapter of Oregon! Enjoy and keep riding! I actually watched the tour Sunday and know you'll be there someday!
I love you and miss you
Mom
yo len sorensen here i've been tryin to find a flight somewhere in the beginning of august but its not lookin good so's that means i'll prob just end up drivin. let me know if u can find any cheap tickets for early august.
So, I'm embarrased. I know I got it from you months and months ago. Sorenson.....I need your email address. I'm a terrible person.....atsiv4@hotmail.com. Shoot it to me and I'll send you what I find.
Post a Comment