Well another quarter down, and I don't want to think about how many more to go.
I somehow managed to do ok again this quarter. I ended up with an A in business and a B in math. I know I could have done better in math, but the truth is, I really don't like it. I think I am only going to have to suffer through two more math classes. I hope!
My time in Portland is winding up quickly. Only one more week. I'm working on a Portland summary, so stay tuned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Dude, a B in math is good enough no need to get all dramatic. If its good enough for you who else cares
Chevonne
Len,
Congratulations on your grades! Remember, look into transferring your MCC credits. Grades don't x-fer, so no need to pay for them again!
Your blog says you'll write up a summary of your time in Portland. That should be fun to read! Until then, I thought I'd offer a few of my own thoughts.
1. You've proven to yourself that you can set a goal and make it happen! In this case, it was to move to Portland, a completely new and strange place where you knew nobody and had no nearby support system, so you could work for 9 months while you become an Oregon resident.
2. You've shown yourself you can set a budget and live by it! The life of a working student is not easy!
3. While working full time, you've completed 24 college credits with honors!! Most of your friends who are going to school full time probably completed only 30 credits or so during the same 9-month period. And many (or perhaps most) of them probably didn't have to work full time.
4. You've become a competitive bicycle road racer in less than one year of riding! I've talked to a few cyclists around here about you, and they just shake their heads and say, "Wow!"
5. In just months, you've become well-liked and depended upon at yet another job! Don't forget your letters of rec!!
6. You've learned "first hand" the importance of tolerance and compassion for all those who are trying to get by with less. How else can someone really learn this lesson? Moreover, while you've been working to get by with less, you've proven to yourself that you can remain focused on your goals and dreams!
7. You've accomplished all of the above while turning just 21! And perhaps more importantly, you've done so with great humor and humanity!
You are an amazing young man! Next chapter: Eugene!
Quack-Quack!!
Post a Comment