Hello Everybody,
Kind of a melancholy morning, so I thought I would write a little bit.
Things are changing fast hear. It is amazing how fast time goes. The entire last year has just flown by for me. I don't really know what happened. Time is one of the few things that genuinely scare me. It feels like all life is, is just a constant struggle against the clock. What am I waiting for?
I officially found a place to live in Eugene last weekend. I'm moving into a house right off of campus for the rest of the summer. It is a really nice location and it should work out pretty well. I will be living with two girls and another guy. They all seem to be pretty similar minded so it should be a good fit. I've already have 4 or so interviews scheduled for when I get down there. So it should be pretty easy to start working. I don't want to work in a hotel anymore, but it will at least provide some cash flow while I start looking for something else.
I'm really excited to get out of the city. I'm just not a metro kind of guy. I love being able to take advantage of everything the city has to offer, but I want to go home to somplace quiet after a night on the town. There is a lot of beautiful country very close to eugene, so I looking forward to a summer spent under the stars. Who knows, maybe I'll even find some one special to keep me company.
Speaking of which, nothing new on the female front. I don't know what the deal is. All I want is to find someone that takes my breathe away everytime I see her. Is that too much to ask? I wish I could tell you about her, I wish I could describe the reasons why I love her; but the truth is, I don't know her yet. I am in love with someone I have never met. I can see her in my dreams, not what she looks like, but who she is and how she makes me feel. I'm always thinking about her, and thinking about the man I want to be for her. I haven't met her yet, but she's out there, waiting......... Maybe I'm just an idealist. A young man with passion that has yet to be dulled by the world.
Anyways, now that I have gotten all mushy. I promise I'm not always so dramatic. Here is another picture of me from the Silverton race a couple of weeks ago
Pic
This was shortly after I just fixed my flat tire that took me out fo the race. I then spent the whole time trying to chase back by myself. Which isn't fun! Which is why I don't look all too happy. But the guy I was riding with was a solid cat. 4 and I was still ahead of the womens leader, so I was doing ok. As long as you don't get beat by a girl, it is still a good day.
The bike has been going really well lately. I am actually starting to feel like I'm getting fast. I spent 14 hours on the bike last week. I am going to take a month or so off of racing so I can get some quality training in. The Oregon state championship is July 1 down in Eugene. I guess they tried to sign a deal with ESPN, but something about a lack of interest prevented a TV deal. I can't imagine why people wouldn't want to wait on the side of the road for hours, just to see a blur of spandex and lycra fly by at 30mph.
I guess I have rambled on for long enough. It is just a grey, chilly morning here and I was feelin a little lonely. I actually have to go be productive now. Send me some love.
Len-dizzle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Love from Meg and Mike<3
Good to hear from ya the other night. (even if it was 4 in the morning and you were looking for Michael)
Talk to you soon!
dito about hearing from you Len Stew... it's always fun catching up, but that was like 3 times in one week I think :)
Good Luck with the Move... I'll talk to you soon!
oooooooo call mike dean but dont call me. thanks len.
- a very sad sorensen
Consider love sent from Jared and Chevonne. Miss having you around and you should proud of the little brother he is following in your footsteps. I am also sad to see him go as well. When you least expect the person your in love with will sweep you off your feet, hang in there.
Chevonne
Post a Comment