
Ok, so I feel a little bit like Babe Ruth.
I actually won the race last night!
2389 miles and 149 hours later, Lenny wins his first race. Look out world.
Now this wasn't exactly the Tour de France, but you have to start somewhere. The race was only for cat. 5 guys. I got into a three man breakaway about halfway through the race. I tried to do as little work as possible and just take as many pulls as it took to make it seem like I was working. With about 6 laps to go I started attacking every other lap to try and break the legs of the other guys. They always caught my wheel but I could tell they were just hanging on. Then on the backstretch of the final lap, I put in a big attack into the wind. They couldn't stay with me and I opened about a ten second gap. Then I just cruised solo across the line.
There is another race tonight with the big boys. I wish I could call another victory but this is going to be more for training and experience because I'm sure my legs won't be 100%.
After today I'm going to be taking it easy for a couple days to get ready for the Oregon State Championships. I'm not totally sure how its going to go, I haven't really done too great in a road race yet, I seem to be more of a crit racer so far. Either way I was definitely the strongest rider last night and it feels good. Now that I've got the taste of winning I'm just going to go that much harder!
True Amateur Crit Series Champ,
Lenny
p.s. I'll post the results link once OBRA puts them up.
Results

1 comment:
holy Crap Len :)
Good Job... you got this one too... don't talk like that.
Post a Comment