I compeleted the cycling trifecta yesterday. I've already fallen on my own, and gotten taken out in a race, I can now add getting hit by a car to the list. It has been a tough couple weeks on the bike!
I had been on my bike for three hours already, and was just getting done with a nice 50mi ride. I was within 5 minutes from my house. I was hammering down a hill through an intersection, probably doin 23-25mph. A truck pulled into a parking lot to the right in front of my, and i became intimately accquainted with their passenger side door.
I'm ok, just some bumps and bruises. I think my ego is more damaged than anythign else. My bike was in pretty bad shape. My front wheel was beyond repair so i had to buy another one. But otherwise i think i can fix everything else.
Tough day yesterday.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
glad you're OK. Biking is a brutal sport, ain't it?
Philbert
After re-reading the entry, didn't you hit the truck?
Philbert again
wow tough crowd. I still think the truck hit me. I was in the bike lane riding parallel with thte truck. Then he initiated the turn into me. It wasn't an intersection, just a parking lon entrance. Either way the result was the same....
u shoulda made the guy in the truck feel like an ass about it then maybe he'd have written u a blank check. u know like the movie? damn that was a good movie.
Sorensen
Post a Comment