Sunday, April 29, 2007

Wow, I've really gotten pretty bad at this posting thing.

So what has happened in the last month?
Well I'm in the middle of another quarter. Everything is going well in my classes. I've got a couple of A's right now, I just have to hold onto them. I got a 101% on my most recent business exam. I was pretty pumped about it. Then i realized i was in a class witha bunch of 18 year old kids who probably haven't worked a day in their lives. Ohwell, don't play with the big boys then! Math is math. They teach, I learn, not to much else to say about it.

I've been training really hard on the bike lately. It has been consitently warm enough to let me ride out side most days so that makes it really nice. I'm almost to the 1500 mi. mark for the year so far. Another couple of weeks probably. There just isn't enough time in the day! I had a race last week that didn't go so well. I was feeling really good, but then everything deteriorated quickly. The person in front of me bumped into the person on their right, they then came back to the left hard and took out my front wheel. I then procceded to do my best Shamu impersonation, sliding across the pavement. After I went down, 5 or 6 more racers ran into, and over me. It wasn't a pretty site. And to add insult to injury, my bike was too messed up to keep racing so i had to call it a day. Ohwell, i guess that's what happens when you go for it. I learned some valuable lessons. 1.) Stay near the front of the peleton, and out fo the wind, at all times; The fewer people ahead of you, the fewer people that can fall. 2.) AT ALL COSTS!!! Do not get into the shower with fresh road rash!! I don't care if you need to get your mom to sponge you! Don't get in the shower!

My dad and keiko, were just here for the weekend. It was really nice to see them, it had been a long time. It is weird to see people that i know here. It just seems totally out of context. It was really nice getting a chance to catch up with them and show them what I've been getting accomplished out here.

My Eugene planning is getting into the serious stages. Within the next couple weeks I will be getting down there again to try and nail down a place to live and work.

Everythign else is going really well. I have a goal to finish this quarter with zero debt. A year of school totally paid for. It looks like it will be pretty doable. I might have to cut back a little extra for the next month or so, but I got this. If it happens, I'll be leaving Portland with more money that I came with, and a year of school paid for and behind me. I guess that endless Ramen does pay off!

Mother's Day is coming up and I wanted to do a shout out to my mommy.
I miss you mom! I love you, and I'm sorry I can't be there. Thanks for everything. I'll talk to you soon.

Well, don't be a stranger.
Lenny

p.s. Sorenson. I've been meaning to call you for a week now. I honestly haven't had 15 minutes to just sit down. I've thought about it everyday. I promise I will this week. I love ya man!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol thank len. u actually called me last nite and we had a nice little chat which i always do appreciate. keep up the good work out there and hope to see u sometime in june. the boys and i send our love out to ya. straight love.

SorensEn

pChmura said...

Front of the pack, or way in back. Anyway pictures or it didn't happen. Lets see if the rr was worse than cuz Adam's.