Dollar, Dollar Bills Yall.........
So I'm back in PDX. All in all it was a pretty good weekend.
The race on sunday could have gone a little better. There weren't enough guys in my cat. to have our own race, so they combined us with the next cat. up. Which was good and bad. Good because it gave me an idea of where I stood, bad because THEY WERE FAST! I got dropped from the pack on the second of three laps, and spent the next lap struggling pretty much by myself. Then I was lucky enough to get a flat with 5mi. to go. Yes! So I didn't even get to finish. Loser. It turns out that it was a good thing that I wasn't at the front. There was a massive pile-up in the finishing sprint. One guy, who they had to put a breathing tube in his chest ON THE ROAD, is still in the hospital in an induced coma so his brain swelling will go down; otherwise there were some broken collarbones and tons of road rash. Not good. I think it was the first time in my life that I was happy I wasn't winning.
Eugene went really well. I've got a place to live, 90% lined up for the summer. I looked at quite a few different places while I was down there, and I found one that was right off campus in a pretty cool house. Not to mention with two cute girls, but not that I noticed. I'm headed back down there briefly this weekend to finalize the deal and maybe even bring a load of stuff down. I'll be officially moving in June 21 or 22. I'm pretty excited about it. I think Eugene is going to be awesome.
Well more to come.....
Lenny
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment