Left Coast Times
Greetings.
- I just nailed my midterms. For the first time ever taking 12 credits, it ain't so bad. Now it is starting to get warm and sunny here. I've got a feeling I will be more and more tempted to be outside instead of studying. Only 5 more weeks!
- No races for awhile. I raced last weekend but don't really want to talk about it. It was a weird race with a pretty sketchy gravel section right before the finish. I decided that I didn't want to sprint across gravel with 30+ other guys. It turns out no one crashed and quite a few people I have beaten this year ended up doing pretty well. Ohwell, it was a smart decision for a race that didn't mean anything.
- I don't race again until 5-24. It is the OBRA Rehearsal RR. It is a run through of the state championship race that will be held a few weeks after. Because there is no category divisions in the state championship race, and the regular categories apply in the rehearsal, it is essentially the Cat. 3 state champ race. So there should be a pretty good, motivated field for my first cat. 3 race. Great! Luckily, it is pretty hilly so I should be able to stay with the pack at least. I'll be training as hard as my body will let me for the next two weeks, then I'll try to peak during the last week before the race.
- I'm so looking forward to the summer. Sunny warm training, beer festivals, outdoor concerts, BBQ's, Olympic trials, ocean time, weeknight races, summer out here is pretty hard to beat.
-Lenny Stewart
Editor-in-Chief

1 comment:
Hey Len its been a while but with your brother comming home last week I decided to see how your life is going. Congrats on the racing, it looks like the west coast is treating you well.
Chevonne
Post a Comment