First Cat. 3 race yesterday....
Good news and Bad News.
Good news is, I had rockstar legs. I felt fantastic and thought I had a legitimate shot at going for the win. I could ride away from anyone on the climbs.
Bad news, some guy told me that my rear tire was going flat so I stopped to change it. It wasn't flat. I then spent the next 45 minutes trying to catch back up to the group. I got agonizingly close, within 100 yards, but I could never close the gap. One guy against 50+ usually doesn't work out very well for the one. Not to mention no one was very excited about having me around for the finish anyways.
So after being a little intimidated at the start and through the first hour or so of racing, I learned that I can ride with these guys and be competitive. Now I have a hard week of training in front of me before the Silverton RR on 6-1. Then a couple long hard weeks to get ready for the Elkhorn Classic Stage Race in Baker City. It is a three day-4 stage race in eastern Oregon. It should pull guys from Idaho and Washington too, so it should be a tough one. I'm excited.
Lenny
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Omedetoo, Lenny-san!!
The Elkhorn race is hardcore, yet I doubt you'll experience anything like it again. Hope you kick some serious butt!
I hope that dude thought you had a legit flat, otherwise that was pretty shady. Keep rockin'.
- Craig
Hi Lenny! WOW haven't checked your blog for a long time. Glad you're updating again! Great to see the pics! You are in great shape! I love your self motivation! You are rocking the bike world! Mine, too!
love you Mom
Post a Comment