Update Time.........
Coupla things.
I think I have found a place to live. Hopefully I won't end up camping out in the jeep after all. We, Caitlin, Hailey, and I, found a house right by campus that isn't very far from where we are now. We just put in out application and everything today, so barring any credit issues, we should have a lease signed within the next couple of days.
I've been riding pretty hard the last few weeks. I'm trying to get in soem last minute training for "The Big One" at the end of the month. I'm going to try and race as much as possible between now and then. Most of my training has been low intensity aerobic work, so I'm trying to get in some high intensity work. I've raced the local crit the last few weeks and done pretty well. I took 7th last week and 6th this week. So for to consecutive weeks I've improved on my best placings. So, I'm still improving. When I started doing those races I was taking 18th and higher. The main difference is I'm starting to haev a kick towards the end of the race. I think I could have done better this week, but I was in a bad position going around the final corner. I caught got by myself in the wind with a ways to go, longer than I wanted to sprint! There was a photographer there this week, so I posted the links to some of the pics of me. He even got some photos of when I was attacking and trying to get off the front. Then if you really want, you can play where's waldo in the other pics and try to figure out which legs are mine. Speaking of legs, notice how mine are the only ones not shaved. They called me the Yeti last week. I think I'm going to take the plunge for the stage race. Maybe the hair is keeping me from winning?
Race Pics
1
2
3
4
5
6
Otherwise not to much going on. I did something the other day that most people probably thought I would never do. But I promise my motives are everything but honest. I got another job............It is only working one or two days a week, about 8 hours. Hollister. God I'm embarrassed to even write it. Here's what happened,
I was sitting in starbuck's minding my own business. I had just finished up a meeting with a couple potential roomates. Then this really cute girl smiled at me from across the room. At first I thought nothing of it, then she stood up and started walking my way. So I'm thinking to myself, "Self, just relax, cute girls randomly approach you all the time. Just smile and try to think of somethign witty to say". So she sits down and we start talking. At this point I feel like i'm the Fonz himself. "HHEEYY!" Turns out she worked for hollister and was out trying to find people to work there. My initial reaction was one of disgust. A) Hollister and the likes has been something I've scorned for years, and to this day don't own a single shirt B) I was just totally used. Then I started to think about it.......They have about 100 people on staff, I don't know anybody in town; I'm not taking classes for a month and a half or so, I could use a little extra money; Most importantly, I used to date this great, not to mention, beautiful girl who worked at Hollister, there has to be more of them in there. Think about it. Have you ever walked into one of those stores and walked out without wiping the drool on your shirt. I don't think so. So if I have to sacrifice some of my personal morals in order to work with beautiful women, I think that is something I'm willing to do. I mean that is the same thing as getting married right? Only in this situation there is more than one girl.
The Sorenson/Craig reunion is lass than two weeks. I just found out that I was able to get the time off of work. So the serious plan making has commenced.
Holla at ya boy,
L'Sizzle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
haha... wow, well... When you called to tell me the news... I was sure you wouldn't be telling anyone else...
don't be embarrassed Len Stew... I mean, if I could work at Hollister and have fun... you definitely can :)
and PS... you do own a shirt from Hollister.. bc I bought it.
Hola:
Hey, an environmental attorney with developing countries!!, starting work with a no-profit... humm u start to sound like a democrat, welcome my brother we were waiting for you!!
please be careful with the shoes guy you could get athletes foot.
Hollister... well we can only hope that the sacrifice is worthwhile, otherwise, my brother, u will be loosing ur latin lover aura... je,je,je..
U look good on the bike. very impressive, very strong, very determined and for the love of pete with good great hair on your legs.
no shaving my brother, no shaving, we cant the only go as far as the hollister thing... je,je,je
what is the scoop for xmas?
should I ask everyone to tell you to stop being a little girl and tell work that u r off work on xmas time?
Don't kid yourself, Len. We all know that you were so transfixed that you couldn't help but stare and somehow manage to nod your head at whatever this girl was saying. All the "good things" that you thought of about working for Hollister were merely excuses to make yourself feel better. :-) But hey, it happens.
Post a Comment