Sunday, October 28, 2007





  • Melancholy......

The word actually sounds like the feeling it is describing.



I learned a valuable lesson last night. Even on Halloween, in a college town, with 20,000 drinking students, it is not ok to walk across the street with a beer in hand. "Hey You! Stop right there! Can I see some identification." Yes, once again Lenny the rebellious bad boy has gotten into trouble with the law. Open container violation, thank you very much.

I was at a halloween party with some friends about 4 blocks from my house, I had walked there. We were walking literally across the street to some other friend's house when the cops pulled up. I tried to toss the beer I was holding but they of course saw it and singled me out. Do I look like trouble? Who looks at my face and thinks,"Wow, that looks like a tough guy, I bet he's up to no good". Anyways, it is $115 base fine and a required court date. Hopefully I can just pay the fine and be done with it, but since I have a history of hooliganism, I'm sure it won't be that easy.

Why do I feel like this society is always trying to demoralize me and run me into the ground?

Ohwell, what can you do....



  • In brighter news, it has been gorgeous here this week. I got a good 230 mi. in on the bike in crisp clear autumn weather, it was pretty amazing actually.

I don't know how I forgot to mention this, but we got chickens at the house. 4 of them actually. I'm pretty excited about walking into the back yard and picking up breakfast....

I hate work. If it wasn't the best possible scenario that I could ask for, I wouldn't be here another day. I just feel like all of my enthusiasm, ideas, and creativity is completely wasted on mundane tasks that anyone could do. I know I get paid to do my homework, i get to take classes and ride my bike all day, and on and on. But it drives me up the wall....

School is going well, I just had my midterms. I know I did pretty well on both of them. Looks like a couple more A's for the transcript. The funny thing about it is, I'm still not trying very hard at all. The only difference now is that I actually turn things in when I'm supposed to. I can't wait until I get these lower level classes out of the way so I can take something more challenging.

Nothing doing on the girl front. I discovered that I am really bad at this whole dating game. It would be much easier if we could be more like peacocks or something, "Hey baby, like my feathers?" I guess it is because I spent all of the years I was supposed to be learning it, preoccupied. I've found that I just can't talk when I'm around someone I'm interested in. It makes it pretty difficult. Maybe I will actually ask her out one of these days. God knows I've practiced in my head hundreds of times. Whatever, I was thinking about joining the seminary anyways.


Well, Holla at 'cha boy.
Lendo

3 comments:

Tucker said...

If you're 21, why is it illegal to have an open container?! I'd fight it...

Anonymous said...

Lenny, maybe you should take that big bullseye off your back. It's starting to get a little ridiculous how bad you are at getting away with things.

- Craig

Anonymous said...

Hey,what about having fun without alcohol.:) It is possible!!!!! LOVE YOU, Mom.