Sunday, December 14, 2008

Where in the world is Lenny San Diego?


Two plus months since the last update, I'm willing to bet everyone has given up on me at this point...Yet have no fear, the blog lives on.

It has been a crazy few months between school, work, and a serious return to the bike. The term just ended this week, so finally I get chance to take a much needed breather.

Life is good here. As I sit cozily on the couch, nursing the trusty French press, staring out the window at the sleet pouring down. I'm rejoicing in my decision to take the day off the bike. Even Rudi, our loving black lab, ran outside ready to tackle the day, and then just as quickly ran back inside to the safe confines of the couch. We are no fools.

In an effort to fight the cold, be rebellious, and probably just a little bit of laziness, I've cultivated a new look.
While it isn't the best picture, you get the idea. I can't tell you how nice it is to not have to drag a metal blade across my tender skin everyday. That and I'm much more accepted around the hippie haven that is The Eug. Just try to order a beer from the dreaded hippie who won't even wear deodorant with a clean shaven face...ain't gonna happen.

A holiday has come and gone. I was left family less for yet another Thanksgiving. In an attempt to quell all of our loneliness, my roommates and I invited some of our close friends over and put on a feast.
It was great. The blatantly obvious signs of our poor collegeness aside, i.e. two tables of different sizes and heights put together under one table cloth and four different kinds of chairs including one on wheels, we had a great time and a great meal. And hey, all of our plates matched. Movin on up...

Jered and I, the not too new roommate, have taken some weekended trips to Bend and Seattle.




I've been asked by a new team to race with them
Midtown Direct Cycling
I'm pretty excited about it. It is a step up from the very unorganized Hutch's "team" that I was riding for last year. Midtown has some guys who are much faster than I am and should help to bring me to the next level. That and I'm getting a free kit and subsidized race fees, so that doesn't hurt...

I've been riding pretty frequently. I just completed my first big training block of the year. I had weeks of 14.5, 16.5, and 18.5 hours. 18.5 is the most training I've ever done so far. This week has been a rest week. My body is definitely tired and I think maybe a little overtrained. Hopefully I'm just on the border of optimal breakdown and overtraining. We shall see.

School has gone well this term. Looks like it should end up with a couple A's and a B. Not fantastic, but we'll take it. I've gotten registered for next term as well. I'll be taking Japanese 102 at UO and Marine Bio and History at Lane. Luckily no more 8am class!!

I think that fills people in on the last few months, I promise not to be a stranger...

Lenny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a couple of very good looking guys! Keep updating the blog or call me more often :) Love you, your mom