Friday, March 28, 2008

What's up party people?

Not too much going on here in The Eug.

It is my spring break this week, which means lots of work and riding. I've had to work 8 out of the last 9 days. Sweet! Add that to the 16.5 hours on the bike this week and it isn't exactly a vacation. Ohwell.

I ended up doing pretty well this term. I got A's in both of my classes. Granted it isn't very difficult to stay on top of two classes, but I'll still take it.

The pics are from the Obama rally that I went to on campus a week or so ago. It was a lot of fun. I had never been to see a presidential candidate before. Regardless of your political beliefs you have to like that guy. Even if it is only for the hour or so you are listening to him speak. I don't think I've ever heard an orator so talented, especially not in person. I haven't made up my mind about how I feel about him, but I think that is more because of a total lack of faith in national politics, then his personal beliefs. So if you haven't made up your mind about who you are going to vote for, or if you just don't care, you should vote for this guy. If nothing else, he is at least the lesser of the evils. And let's be honest, it probably doesn't matter who we vote for anyways.




There is a race this sunday up in washington. I haven't decided if I'm going to make the long haul up there for it. We'll see. It would be a 5 hour round trip drive, which equals ga$. Otherwise, the Willamette Stage Race is next weekend here in Eugene. I'm super excited for it. It should be a lot of fun. My dad is going to be here too. Good times.

Things are going really well with the new roommate. She is a sweet heart. I can't decide if I like her or her dog more. Rudy is a pretty small black lab and she's adorable. While she is no Simon, it's nice to have a dog in the house. I'll try to remember to take some pics.

Me and Hail went out on the town last night with a couple of friends. After stopping at the obligatory thirsty thursday happy hour($2.50 Longs Island's that are pretty much just straight booze), because we are poor college kids you know, we went to a jazz club that just opened. It was a lot of fun. Jazz, Disaronno on the rocks, laughing, dancing, and then a irish coffee and conversation to end the night. It was great.

Well that about sums it up for now,

-L

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would have liked to see that obama rally. keep living life to the fullest.

- craig

Anonymous said...

Well, if you decided to pay the 5 hour trip gas bill, would the trip take away from your focus on the Eugene stage race?

I like a lot of things about O'bama, but I worry about him, too. The last great orator that really got the youth of America excited, was Bobby in '68. And they killed him. I'd like to think the country is more sane now than in '68, but when I look around and listen, I see and hear too many similarities.

Anyway, see ya in Eugene!