I had decided not to race this weekend. The race is 2 1/5 hours away, starts at 9a.m., and it is supposed to be raining and 40. Not exactly appealing. So I got up early today for the UO team ride. Drink my coffee, eat my oatmeal, drink more of my coffee. Then who shows up at the ride? "The Enabler".
Derek: "I have alot of stuff to do tonight so I am just going to drive up in the morning."
Lenny (internally): "Damn it. Now I have a carpool partner and no good excuse to stay home. I could say that I was just going to do a big training ride instead, but let's be honest I love to race my bike."
Lenny (externally): "Hey Derek, I'll ride up with you."
So now I find myself sitting here at work until 11p.m., knowing that I am going to have to be up and on the road by 5:15am!! God I'm a masochist...
Wish me luck...


1 comment:
Okay, we wish you luck!
Post a Comment